We are recruiting a WordPress Website Developer with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience (full time – salary negotiable).
Please note this is a Technical Coding role and not a design role.
The role can be fulfilled remotely, but the successful candidate will be required to attend meetings in Dun Laoghaire, Dublin in person on occasion, approximately twice per annum. at their own expense. Alternatively, the candidate can work from our offices in Dun Laoghaire (on a full time basis only).
This is a very commercial environment with multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines. The recruit will work closely with a small, productive, happy and tight-knit team, liaising with technical, design, SEO, marketing, content and project management resources.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to build bespoke PHP WordPress templates from supplied designs/wireframes i.e., not simply use pre-made WordPress themes. The person must also have Perfect English. Good communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and a talent for problem-solving are essential – as is enthusiasm for learning.
Training and support will be given initially by an experienced developer.
- Min 2 years experience in a web development role.
- Proficiency in PHP, HTML5, CSS3.
- Familiarity with wireframes and grid systems (Bootstrap).
- Technical WordPress skills with relevant WordPress knowledge.
- Firm understanding of WordPress’s PHP template hierarchy.
- Ability to build pixel-perfect web pages from Photoshop designs.
- Experience in developing responsive/adaptive design.
- Passionate about web development particularly with a strong desire to keep up to date with the latest trends, tools and techniques.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Self-starter with problem-solving approach, can-do, positive solutions-focus to all work.
- Interest in search engine optimisation and a good grasp of the SEO process.
- Perfect English; oral and written.
- You are comfortable working as part of a team and have a good work ethic.
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace.
Nice to have
- Good knowledge of Design Software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working with AMP – Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- Setting up and configuring domain names and website hosting.
- Good understanding of Google Analytics (e.g. setting up goal conversions and event tracking) and Google Webmaster Tools (e.g. site map submissions).
- Email Marketing Experience – Mail chimp, Campaign Monitor or similar.
- Mobile App development is a plus
Inspiration has been in business for over 20 years and we are a small, tight-knit, highly skilled team with many long-standing loyal clients. We operate a friendly, accessible, hands-on service for our customers. Our working practices are relaxed but highly productive. Mainly our active clients are B2B manufacturers, exporters, educational organisations and eCommerce businesses.
To apply and find out more, email [email protected] with your CV & Portfolio.