We are recruiting a digital designer and the role could be part-time or full-time, depending on experience. The role is based in Inspirations’ offices at Dun Laoghaire and it would be essential to work from here.
Applicants should have good communication skills, a passion for digital design and a talent for problem solving. Ideally the applicant would have wordpress experience also and the ability to update wordpress sites and work with proven templates.
The agency has been in business for over 20 years and we are a small, tight-knit, highly skilled team with many long-standing loyal clients. We operate a friendly, accessible, hands-on service for our customers. The office environment is relaxed but highly productive. Mainly our active clients are B2B manufacturers, exporters and educational organisations.
- Work through digital design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products/features, then sketching and prototyping these ideas to create user-centered designs
- Simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant design solutions by considering user and business needs as well as technical constraints.
- Work closely with developers to see your design through to deployment
- Create landing pages for acquiring more customers and retaining them
- Serve as the voice of the customer and advocate when considering design decisions
- Project management – Liaising directly with both clients and internal team
- Client training – Upskilling clients on managing their websites post go live
- 3+ years in designing for web
- Degree in User Experience Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- A strong online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value
- You are comfortable working as part of a team and have a good work ethic
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills and can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
Nice to have
- Email marketing experience
- Experience with CMS’s such as WordPress
Please submit your CV to [email protected]