Inspiration & The Sunday Business Post
Last Sunday Inspiration was featured in The Sunday Business Post when Cathy McGovern, Director, was interviewed in the Leader’s Questions & Answers section.
Emily Maree at The Business Post had six questions for Cathy that ranged from the new iPhone release to self-driving vehicles!
Here’s the Questions….
- Tesla is set to launch its first self-driving electric lorry later this year. What are your thoughts on electric vehicles and how they’ll overtake manual transport?
- Apple has just announced the iPhone X, a $1,000 phone with a whole host of new features. Do you think the price tag is worth the innovations?
- Facebook has become the most recommended tech company in which to work in Ireland over the last 12 months. What can Irish companies do to entice workers to work for them?
- Where do you think the next big start-up hub will be in Ireland?
- Name one piece of technology you couldn’t live without.
- What’s the best piece of business advice you have ever received?
Here’s Cathy’s Answers…..
- Electric vehicles will dominate, given climate concerns. But self-driving cars need infrastructure that could take decades. Tools like self-parking will come sooner.
- If you’re an iPhone fan and you have the cash — it is. If you’re not or you don’t, it isn’t. Let the market decide.
- Financially, small and medium-sized businesses (employing 50 per cent of all workers) can’t compete, but flexibility, short commutes and kindness help. Consider equity participation and remote working.
- Either the Digital Hub D8, with the largest hub of exciting start-ups, or Digital Dun Laoghaire, which ticks all the boxes for any start-up.
- My iPhone 6 and Microsoft Surface Pro — love them both.
- The best advice — which I didn’t follow — was to think big. Also, of course, fly with the eagles. For lifestyle businesses — count yourself lucky and valued.